Monday, February 21, 2011

It's Been Awhile.....

I really have no good excuse for why I haven't blogged in such a long time.  All last week I felt kinda under the weather with a really annoying cough, and the week before I was in Austin.  My schedule and routine were thrown off a little, and I had a hard time dealing with it.  I managed to get one workout in while I was in Austin and didn't get a chance to spend any time exercising outside, which was a bummer.  It was freezing cold, cloudy, and extremely windy.  That is probably where my cold came from last week.  Last week I probably pushed myself too hard and am still paying for it this week with a nagging cough.  After 2 weeks of still doing good, just not as good as I wanted to, I am back and ready to go!  Spring Break is in 3 weeks and the way things are looking, it should be warm enough for a bathing suit.  Warrior Dash is in 4 weeks and Vegas is in 109 days :)  

Over the next couple of weeks, the theme is going to be DISCIPLINE and time management.  I am super busy planning baby showers, wedding showers, a garage sale at school and field trips are all coming up.  This week I need to get up early Tuesday and Thursday to fit a work-out in.  I am going to start changing up my arm workouts a little.  I think I fell into a routine and it started to become monotonous.  Oxygen magazine this month has some great arm workouts and I tried a few last week.  One good one was a "stability ball dumbbell preacher curl"...killer.  Bodybuilding.com also has a great app and database on-line of workouts.  Getting up early means I have to plan my workouts the night before and maximize my gym time (while also still being half asleep)! 

As far as eating goes, I should have lost a few pounds because I had NO appetite last week and couldn't taste anything.  HOWEVER, I could still taste Bluebell Pistachio Almond Ice Cream and Ferrero Rocher Valentine's Day candy.  That is all out of the house now and it is a new week and I am ready to eat 100% clean this week!  I am experimenting with a new recipe from a friends blog:
http://uncoveringmeganelizabeth.blogspot.com/2011/02/chicken-amore.html
AND I am going to steam some kale.  When working at Texas Roadhouse we always used it as a garnish, but never as a side.  I am going to cover it in garlic and see how it tastes.  I also might try making some kale chips because a bushel of it is HUGE...it wouldn't even fit in the vegetable drawer!

ALSO, some people you should "fan" on facebook that always have great exercise/nutrition/health/inspirational information.....
That's all for now...peace out!  AND don't worry, I will never be gone this long again!!!  In the next blog...a report about how tennis is going(I got a new tennis skirt), a weight/measurement update, and some recipe pics and what food I am digging at the moment ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    The "tennis skirt" was the only reason you took tennis lessons in junior high!! I'm so happy you finally have one and I know it looks great on you. I want dad and I to start playing some tennis, too, except I haven't mentioned it to him yet! You are truly amazing and I'm so proud to say you are my daughter. I brag on you every chance I get!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete