Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow Day!!!

I was supposed to have dinner with the girls tonight, but due to POSSIBLE snow, we decided to cancel.  Instead I went and got my taxes done (for FREE) at H&R Block, went to the gym and had an excellent back and tricep workout and got some HIIT done on the bike!  I am now cuddled up on the couch with my Pei Wei (I had no food since we were supposed to go to dinner) and am watching out the window to see if I can see any "snow."  This week was not good, not gonna lie.  I ate good and hit the gym hard, but I had a constant headache all week.  There was alot going on at school, mainly with me trying to get ahead so I can go to Austin for a conference next week.  I was so busy that I didn't eat at the correct TIMES which made all the difference and led to stress and headaches.  I am going to try to relax tomorrow since the weather is "supposed" to be bad.  That was written Thursday, work was cancelled Friday and there was NO SNOW!!!  There was a little ice, but we totally could have gone to work!  I didn't relax too much, spent most of the day at the gym actually and was entertained by the trainers trying to jump over a ridiculously high resistance band stretched out across the gym!!!

I had been looking forward to this past Monday because Francis was doing my measurements.  I had done SO GOOD for a month straight and was excited to see my progress on paper.  I can honestly say I was let down, but I will NOT let myself get discouraged.  We were comparing my measurements to ones he took sometime in November or December, but we are not sure when.  I lost 1.4 lbs, but gained .1% body fat.  As far as inches go, I pretty much was the same except I lost 2 inches in my chest (which I CANNOT afford to do).  Here are my measurements as of Monday, February 1:
weight:                 118.6
body fat%:            20.9                   ( I was wrong on my first post when I said it was 18%, it was actually
                                                           20%,  my new goal is 14%)
lbs body fat:          21.3
neck:                     11 1/4"
chest:                     30"
waist:                     26 3/4"
hips:                       36 1/4"
thigh:                     20 3/4"
calf:                        13"
bicep:                     10 1/2"
forearm:                 9"

I know that the results I want to see will take time, and I am willing to put in the work and the time.  I know that I feel better than I have ever felt and that I am trying hard, so I will just have to let those feelings make me happy for now and not dwell on not seeing progress on paper. 

Last week I got my 6 mile run in, plus I played some tennis.  AND I did some hurricane drills on the treadmill to get ready for the warrior dash.  It is now Sunday (I started this post on Thursday) and it is beautiful outside (and I don't have a headache) so I am going to go do some "boot camp" type exercises at the park.

This week I am not cooking too much because I am headed to Austin Tuesday-Thursday.  My challenge will not be eating healthy as much as eating at the right times and not eating as much because I probably won't be exercising.  I would LOVE to have time to run around Lady Bird Lake or hike at Mt. Bonnell, but we will see!  My plan is to pack protein powder and bars, bananas & grapefruits, and oatmeal.  And maybe stop at Buc-ees (MY FAV) and stock up on turkey jerky sticks!

Busy week next week...peace out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment