Monday, January 3, 2011

New Meal Plan: Day 1

Francis has always told me that the timing of my meals was crucial for seeing results.  So, last week I brought him in some "homework" to complete.  We looked at my daily schedule at the time I get up, go to bed, work-out, etc and came up with a meal plan.  Last night I cooked spaghetti squash, chicken breasts, and protein pancakes to last me throughout the week.  Here is what I have eaten today...I must say, day 1 was a success.  I still need to tweak a few things, but I have found a protein powder AND bar that I really like.  Here is a sample of my daily meal plan.  I have managed to feel full all day without feeling like I overate or wasn't satisfied.

Pre-Workout:
3 scoops of Pure Protein Cookie and Cream Protein with 24 oz of water and ice (I am going to sip and the same protein shake throughout the day and add water and ice as necessary
banana

Post Workout:
1 whole egg + 1 egg white, scrambled
8 oz coffee with 1 T skinny Carmel mochiatto creamer

Breakfast:
3 protein pancakes made with oats, flaxseed, cottage cheese, egg whites, egg whey protein, walnuts, nutmeg and pumpkin spice
fresh strawberries, blueberries, bananas, and a TINY dollop of whip cream


Snack:
1/4 cup granola
lowfat strawberry yogurt

Lunch:
Spaghetti Squash with organic tomato sauce *see recipe below*
Parmesan Crusted Chicken

Snack:
Supreme Protein Peanut Butter Pretzel Twist Bar


Pre-Workout:
Jack 3D Pre-Workout Drink

Post-Workout:
Protein Shake (same one from this morning with more ice and water added)

Dinner: (I am making this tonight and will blog about it in the very near future)
Tuna Risotto
Spinach & Mushrooms

As you can see, the key is spacing the food out, making sure I am eating protein and lots of it, especially before and after workouts.

Now back to the spaghetti squash.  I have cooked it 3 times now and have finally found the best way.  It makes about 7 cups of it plus a serving of roasted seeds :)  If anyone out there has new and different ways they have tried spaghetti squash, let me know because I always like to try new things.

Spaghetti Squash Recipe
  1. Cut the squash in half both lengthwise and width wise to create 4 sections.
  2. Scoop out all of the seeds and pulp and set aside
  3. Place squash pulp side down on foil lined baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray and bake at 350 for one hour.
  4. While squash is cooking, separate seeds from pulp and rinse and pat dry seeds.  Toss in a bowl with a dash of olive oil and any seasonings you would like (I use garlic salt, chili powder or cumin might be good too).  Place these on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray also.
  5. Take squash out of oven and let cool while seeds bake for about 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
  6.  Using a fork, scrape the flesh out of the squash and it will come out in stringy pieces (hence the name, spaghetti squash)
  7. From here, the sky is the limit...sauces, veggies, protein, etc.  I like organic tomato sauce that I jazz up with some oregano, basil, and garlic salt and chicken breast.
Seven cups of squash and 3 chicken breasts for my lunch this week.


Seeds before they went in the oven
I like to try new recipes especially from Hungry Girl, Clean Eating Magazine, or from Googling "healthy_______".  Some work out, and some don't (see below).

Some sort of Couscous Lima Bean Dish.
This is an example of a recipe that "didn't work out!!!"






No comments:

Post a Comment