Monday, January 3, 2011

SIX is my new lucky number....

After deciding that I was going to blog about fitness and nutrition I was plauged by what the title of my blog should be.  While running at Memorial Park I was thinking about what my fitness and nutrition goals for the year were going to be (side note: be looking for a post on how I stay motivated very soon).  I was also thinking about Barb's upcoming wedding and possible bachelorette party in Vegas and how I wanted to be in tip top shape in six months from now...and VOILA...my blog title was born.  Here are my goals and I though by publishing them I could have some accountability in reaching them.

Shredded In Six
In the next six months I will:
  • Lose 6% body fat (18% -> 12%)
I will achieve this goal by:
  • Exercising 6 times/week
  • Eating 6 meals/day
  • Completing one 6 mile run/week (these are VERY good for clearing the head and doing some serious thinking)
  • Completing 6 events...I already have the Rockets Run 5K in January and the Warrior Dash in March.  I would like to add a 10K to the list as well.
I am sure as time goes on I will come up with more things that I want to do and accomplish that revolve around the number 6...Like I want to get to work 6 minutes earlier so I can be on time each day ;)  Or I will work out with Francis 6(0) minutes a week. 

Anyway, that is where my blog title originated from.  I am not that good of a writer so please bear with me.  Most of my posts will be pictures of my new and fun experiments with healty foods such as different variations on protein pancakes until I can find one I LOVE and all the different ways to serve spaghetti squash :)  

6 comments:

  1. PS- The picture on my background is the ceiling of the Bellagio which I thought very fitting since that is where I will be in 6 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogs!! I'm anxious to read yours - looks interesting, and maybe I'll pick up some good tips! Jay and I have some as well - check em' out! Miss ya - Kels : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, do you know when he is doing it? My wave is that Sunday the 20th at 9 am....Hopefully your 8 month pregnant self can come cheer us on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! Your blog is off to a great start! I like the theme! I will do a 5K with you. A normal, no mud, fire, or tunnels kind of 5K!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. REad your blog Sarah. Both Grandma and I are impressed. I exercise 3X a week but I couldn't do it with being on your menu. I don't see beef anywhere on your diet. Only place we click is on the protein. Will be following your blog

    ReplyDelete