Monday, May 16, 2011

Paleo Week 2 Report

    Well, this concludes week 2 of Paleo Living.  I just finished reading The Paleo Diet and it was a terrific read.  I sat out by the pool Saturday with a highlighter and sticky notes and read the whole book.  I plan to share some of my finds later in the week.  I will say I am going to alter a few more things the next 2 weeks to really see maximum results.  Some of these goals include giving up coffee, eating Omega 3 enriched eggs, and eating lean beef instead of fatty bacon for breakfast!
    This week-end was wonderful and I am going to blame it on my Paleo-living.  Friday night (after Crossfit and the awesome spread pictured below) Dale and I went out for a grown up drink, which we rarely do, and it felt nice to have a drink knowing I had done so good all week.  How sad is it though that I think my "Pina Coloda Protein Mocktail" tasted better than the Malibu and Pineapple I ordered at the restaurant.  Saturday I woke up with so much energy (Paleo diet induced??) and cleaned the apartment like a crazy person.  It looks so nice which makes me so happy.  I then was able to relax and read by the pool.  I need to work on my tan before Vegas ya know!!!  Then, Dale and I went for an awesome run at Memorial Park.  I ran 5, walked 1 AND did my burpees in the grass!  We then went to cook-out at Mitch's place and I had the most AMAZING filet...Thanks guys!  Sunday was sleeping in, more cleaning and grocery shopping.  THAT my friends is a perfect week-end to me.
    I had good intentions to post pics of the week because I take pictures of all my food now.  However, my iPhone decided to stop working.  I was without a phone for 2 days and it is now restored to factory settings which means no pictures from the beginning of the week :(  Good news is, I do have a few pics of the goodness I ate this week....
Perfect Spread for a Cavewoman and her non-Caveman :)

Artisian Almond Fig Cake from the pic above...It is just figs and almonds...so good!!!

Ingredients for a "Pina Coloda Protein Mocktail"
 I have been having these in the mornings and they are SO DELICIOUS!!!!
Pina Coloda Protein Mocktail
8 oz unsweetened coconut milk (I like So Delicious, and they make an AMAZING coconut ice cream!!)
Generous splash of coconut water (I like O.N.E. and also recently tried Peach Mango Vita Coco)
1 heaping scoop vanilla protein powder (not too Paleo, but that's ok)
1 T chia seeds
Handful of frozen fruit(I like this mix of pineapple, strawberry, mango, and peach)
5 ice cubes(not pictured)

BLEND and ENJOY!!!!!

In other news, I have stayed current and am now on day 16 of the 100 day burpee challenge.  So far I have done 121 before doing them today.  This doesn't include(but I am documenting) all of the burpees that they have us do during crossfit.  As of right now, I can still say....

An update on that staement is sure to follow.  Until then....
PEACH OUT!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great week, daughter. The burpees are the old squat thrusts we used to do in P.E. class back in 7th grade. I tried one the other day, and not too bad. I'll try to do a few each day see how they work. You're very organized which helps you stay on your eating plan, and you have a lot of determination and motivation.
    Love you sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete