Coconut Almond Truffles
- 1/2 cup chopped dates (roughly chopped whole dates, not pre -chopped)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 2/3 cup whole almonds (recipe calls for mixed cashews and almonds, but I only had almonds!)
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil (Extra Virgin Olive Oil is what the recipe calls for, but I could not find that at any store around here! Just googled it and found it at Vitamin Shop...who knew!)
- Place dates, coconut oil and coconut in food processor for a couple minutes. Remove mixture and set aside in a small bowl.
- Add nuts to processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Use your hands to knead the nuts into the date paste.
- Form into balls and place in mini muffin cups.
- Refrigerate & ENJOY!
I have also been watching Fox News almost exclusively (besides when I watch The Next Food Network Star or My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding) and have been reading an awesome book called Unlikely Angel by Ashley Smith. Both of those things were on my bucket list too :) It has been a great summer break so far. I even did a 51:19 WOD today (Whitten) and trained with Francis, then went back to Crossfit and completed my 5th round of Whitten. It has been a long date....Peach, out!
You are so amazing, daughter! And creative and not afraid to try something new (not like your mother sometimes)! The only news we can get in Europe is CNN International or BBC. Not much to watch. That's great you're checking off your summer bucket list.
ReplyDeleteI love you.
Mom