Thursday, April 21, 2011

30 Day Paleo Challenge

 

I am all about writing things down and making them public.  This way, there are NO EXCUSES and I can be held accountable.  The past week or so I have really been gearing up to do a 30 day Paleo Challenge.  I am going to start Monday, May 2 and continue until May 31 and I am sure from then on out as well.  I have already scoped out some recipes and have checked stores for "Paleo Friendly Products."  I have discovered I love coconut milk, Larabars(ground dates...who woulda thought?!), and seaweed snacks.
    This past week we grilled on Sunday and had enough steak and pork chops to last through this week.  I experimented with some veggies- bacon wrapped asparagus and roasted brussel sprouts AND made some awesome Greek Quiona Salad that is NOT Paleo friendly(eventhough I learned quiona is a seed not a grain anyway!!!)
    In the next week I plan on eating (some) Easter candy, overnight oats every day if I want to, and yummy food at Crystal's baby shower.  Other than those few things, I really can't think of anything that I am going to miss, mainly because there are so many things I still get to eat.  Breakfast will most likely be bacon and eggs, lunch and dinner meat and veggies.  Snacks will include fruit, nuts, a Larabar, or homemade beef jermky(more on that tomorrow).  I am excited to try all of the seasonal veggies the farmers market has to offer and see what kind of food I can dehydrate in the new dehydrator!!!

   I am going to be realistic and say right now I know there might be occasional times I slip up (like Mitch's crawfish boil or Barb's wedding shower), but for the most part I plan on being in control.  This is not a restrictive way of living at all and I actually like the challenge of coming up with creative recipes or "Paleo" alternatives.  I am going to allow myself one cheat meal on Tuesday nights for dinner because I want to be able to go out to dinner and relax and not worry about what I am eating.  Along with the eating comes EXERCISE.  I am going to either do Crossfit or train with Francis a MINIMUM of 5 times per week.  I am going to do this by carefully planning out my week.  Here is an example from this week's calendar.


        May is the month before June which means **VEGAS TIME!!**   Or **summertime** for everyone else which means vacations, weddings, pooltime and family time.
  
   I challenge everyone out there to set some goals for May and stick to them.  They don't have to be fitness or health related either, just challenge yourself!!!

Check out this link, I like the plan they have outlined and will follow it.


Peach, Out!  FFF is tomorrow, AND it's a holiday.  WOO HOO!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just had a friend who her husband and her did the Paleo Diet - good luck!!! My challenge is do run/walk a marathon in the month of May (I would run it all but not cleared to exercise yet) - I have to record my info in my spreedsheet and on my ipad and turn it into this website to try to win baby prizes =)

    ReplyDelete