Friday, April 8, 2011

Favorite Find Friday & Almost Famous

Here are my favorite finds for this week, plus my moment in the spotlight :)


1) Oster My Blend Blender- After seeing an ad for this in my Oxygen magazine and then also reading all of these awesome recipes on Bodybuilding.com., I had convinced myself I just HAD to have this blender.  So far I have used it for a blended ice coffee (coffee, creamer, ice) and it was good.  My only critique was that the lid has a huge opening and I did experience some leakage.  The second time I used it I made a Choco-Nanna Protein shake.  I blended 6 oz water, one scope Pure Protein Cookies n Cream powder, 1/2 a frozen banana, and 6 ice cubes.  It blended in about 6 seconds flat and this time I used a straw. This blender is small, easy to clean, and it is fast!  It is no Vitamix, but it will do.  My goal is to try new shakes every week.  I even thought with the warmer weather I could turn my Baked Blueberry Cream Cheese Oatmeal into a cool Blueberry Cheesecake Protein Shake by blending oat bran!  Thanks Oxygen for the idea! So, for $29.88 at Wal-Mart I am pretty impressed!
2) Netrition Website- This is my new favorite site!!!  I just placed an order with all kinds of fun products that I cannot wait to review.  Keep in mind these products are not "favorite finds"...YET!!!!  Expect more details on another post.
  • Capella Flavor Drops- I got the NY Cheesecake and Vanilla Cupcake Flavors.  They can be used to flavor coffee, shakes, BAKED OATMEAL, and any baked recipe.  I thought about trying Jamie Eason's Oh Baby! Protein Bars but with a ff cream cheese as icing flavored with either one of these bad boys!!
  • PB2- Powdered peanut butter...just add water!  I got the chocolate pb flavor because the others were out of stock.  This can be used in smoothies, as a fruit dip, or in place of peanut butter.  Plus, it is lower in fat and calories and still has 4g of protein!
  • Chia seeds in bulk- You already know what I like to do with these!
  • Xanthan Gum-  To thicken up my shakes or use in gluten-free baking recipes.
 Almost Famous 
This past week-end the Final Four was in Houston and throughout the week-end there were free concerts at Discovery Green. I was out there for a few hours on Sunday afternoon to see Roger Creager.  Little did I know at the time, but I was picked out of 30,00 people (must have been my awesome dancing skills) for the camera man to zoom in on.  Long story short, on Monday (and still today) people have been coming up to me telling me I am "famous."  I am talking co-workers, parents of children I teach, and people at the gym.  When I go get my eyebrows threaded tomorrow they will probably mention it too ;)  It is not my proudest moment, but here is...
 My two seconds of fame!! I'm in a green shirt.  Make sure to watch the whole thing I reappear several times :)

And while we are talking about the NCAA Tournament, PROPS to the Aggie women's basketball team for winning the WHOLE SHE-BANG!!!!  They are such a likeable team and Coach Blair is pretty awesome too (he even knows how to do the Dougie). They beat 2 # 1 seeds, one of which was Baylor who has beat them 3 times this season and they were the underdogs going in to the game.  WHOOP!!!!

Peach Out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment