Friday, April 15, 2011

Favorite Find Friday & Rodolfo's Ceviche

Happy Friday!  Today I have a fashion find, food find, and recipe find :)
Check out my rockin' ponytail!
1) Fashion Find- I got this dress at Target last week for under $20.00 and received so many compliments on it when I wore it to work yesterday.  This is the picture that I sent to Barb while in the dressing room asking her, "cute or ugly??"  I am glad I got it because it is perfect for work or church.  To purchase click here. (It's not on sale anymore though, but still a great deal).  There are several styles available and I might have to pick those up as well!

2) Food Find- Lara Bars.  While doing all of my Paleo research I found out these are Paleo friendly! I always see these at the store and thought they were too high in calories. After investigating more I found out they contain all whole, natural ingredients, and no more than 9 ingredients per bar.  Last week I tried the Pecan Pie and it is great!  I got the lemon bar and banana bread today to try. 


3) Recipe "Find"- The custodian at my school, Rudy, knows how to cook.  He has been making me eat all kinds of crazy (and delicious) things since I started working here.  Think....fish with the eyes still on, tortas, shrimp cocktail, mole, and menudo (just to name a few).  I am always asking him, "What is in this? What's that?"  So, the other day he told me he was going to Kemah and was bringing back some fish so he could teach me how to make ceviche.  Here are the directions  step-by-step and a lovey photo of the finished product.  I am going to have to give my try at it very soon.

Rodolfo's Ceviche(serves 6)
Ingredients:
6 large snapper filets
5 limes
1 1/2 round red tomatoes
2 serrano peppers
1/4 white onion
handful of cilantro
3 T mayonnaise
salt to taste
1 package tostadas
Lots of avocado :)
sharp knife
Directions:
Day 1:
  1. Cut filets into 1 inch pieces and place in large bowl with lid.
  2. Juice 5 limes into bowl with fish and mix thoroughly.
  3. Place lid on bowl and place in fridge for 48 hours.  Stir once on day 2.
Day 3:
  1. Place fish in colander and rinse thoroughly.
  2. Finely chop tomato, onion, serrano pepper, and cilantro and mix in a separate bowl.
  3. Add drained fish and mayonnaise and mix well (using gloved hands works best).
  4. Salt to taste.  Add more lime or any other ingredients after tasting.
  5. If you can wait one more day (not necessary), place back in refrigerator for 24 hours. 
Day 4:
  1. Serve a spoonful on a tostada and top with avocado.
  2. ENJOY!!!!
Well, that's all for now.  My arms are hurting from the 60 bar facing burpees, 30 overhead squats, and attempted muscle ups I did today!

One more thing before I go...check out these food finds from HEB today!  More to come on them.

Peach, Out!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I love the dress! It's the perfect style for you. I had read about the Paleo eating lifestyle in one of my recent magazines, and it sounded so logical. I'm going to try to go that route and see how it works. Looking good, sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete