 |
| Screen Shot from my iPhone App that keeps my countdowns on track! |
I love countdowns, hence the title of this blog. I made a countdown 'til Vegas starting back when there was still 147 days to go. Now, we are already to 93. This number also made me realize that I am almost halfway through my countdown to be "shredded in six." I feel like so many things have kept me sidetracked- being out of town, planning wedding and baby showers, being sick, etc....While I wouldn't take any of these things back (except the being sick part), it is now time to step up the intensity. I haven't run 6 miles every week, but I definately get my cardio in, so I can't beat myself up over that one. I haven't done any 5K's or races and it is mainly because I can't get anyone to do them with me. That is my fault, especially since part of my blog is supposed to inspire others and keep them motivated. Speaking of motivation, I constantly am looking for new ways to be motivated myself. Lately, what has been motivating me is the fact that I know in the upcoming months there are many events that I will be photographed at and I want to look my best. It is also spring which means it will be lighter longer (yay!) and bathing suit weather and time to get a tan! All of these things make me happy and inspired. This past week-end I was excited to go run at Memorial Park, and then the weather did not cooperate. Instead, I went to the gym to do an hour of cardio. I did 20 minutes on the Stepmill at level 10 on speed training, followed by 20 minutes on the stationary bike alternating between sitting and standing and increasing the level all the way up to 20, and finished with 20 minutes on the treadmill doing hurricane drills. I started with a 15.0 incline and 5.0 speed on the treadmill, would jump off every .25 miles and hop on the bosu and do a deadlift, curl, overhead press with 15 lb weights for 10 reps. I repeated this 4 times. I was dead by the end, but it felt great! I also have added tennis into my routine eventhough I haven't done it as much as I would like. Francis and I are now doing "warrior" training which means he basically tries to kill me with plyometrics, heavy weight, and anything else crazy and out of the norm. We will do measurements soon to see if it is all working.....
On a positive note....2 days til Spring Break!!! Ten days of glorious freedom to exercise whenever I want, cook new meals, shop, hopefully lay out, and pamper myself. I even took an extra personal day that Monday to recover from the Warrior Dash :) Have a great rest of the week, and those of you that don't get a Spring Break...I feel sorry for you. Take a day of vacation on a pretty weather day and enjoy! Peace out!
Daughter~You are amazing!!! If I would do a fraction of what you do every day, I could get into shape myself. I'm promising myself once I get back from Bluefield, I'll start my walking/running. Knowing it's shorts weather soon makes me want to get it going. Keep up the good work and enjoy every minute of your time off. I love you.
ReplyDeleteMom