First off, I could tell you I jumped over fire and crawled under barbed wire and jumped over logs in a lake...which is all true, but I would make you think I was WAY more awesome than I actually am. See, I was super nervous for the Warrior Dash for 2 reasons:
A) The website says it is the "Craziest Frickin Day of Your Life!"
and B) I was doing the dash with Robi and his friend Erin who are much more serious athletes than I am when it comes to competing in races.
![]() |
| GOOOOO TEAM! |
Well, let's just say that it was a fun event, but by no means was it super hard or too physically challenging. The descriptions on the website made the race seem more intense than it actually was. I was waiting for the "mounds of sand" to trek up and the "Hells Hill" that I had to sprint to the top of. I was breathing hard by the end, but it was mainly because Robi and Erin run faster than me and I had to keep up. All in all, the event was fun and if it hadn't been a Sunday and the last day of Spring Break, I think we woulda stayed and listened to the live band and watched the other thousands of people compete. Luckily, Rachel, our official race day photographer was there to capture these photos for us. Before I leave you with a few more pictures I wanted to mention another event put on by the same company, Red Frog, called Beach Palooza (http://beachpalooza.com/register2011_galveston.php). It is in Galveston on September 24th and registration is $35 until March 29 then prices go up. Looks like a fun time, so sign up with me!!!!
![]() |
| Participants could donate their old shoes after the race! |
![]() |
| Right after jumping over the fire and before crawling through the mud pit! |
| Our "Warrior Helmets" |
![]() |
| Survivors! |
Peace Out....Sarah







You are a warrior, daughter. I'm very proud of you and this accomplishment. I think you under estimate the tenacity and dedication this run required. You were in shape for it, or it would have been more of a challenge. Keep doing what you're doing and stay motivated. I walked around the block today during lunch, and when I got home from HEB, I put on my shoes and walked/ran about 2 miles. Not much, but a start. Love you and Peach Out.
ReplyDeleteNick and I are so doing beach palooza with ya!!!
ReplyDelete