While working out today, I was thinking about how I had grown since I started working out with a trainer. It reminded me of the first time I rode a bike without training wheels. I had a purple bike with streamers from the handlebars, and a rainbow on the seat. My dad attached a push broom handle to the back of the seat and took me out into the street. I don't remember how many times it took, but I can still remember the first time I did it by myself. I was able to do it though because I didn't know my dad had let go. I thought he was still running behind me holding the broom handle. Today I didn't have my metaphorical "training wheels", but I worked out as if Francis was right there beside me, and I was able to do it!!! However, I killed myself and I know I still need someone else to kill me every once in awhile. Below is the exercises I did with weights and reps....
1. Smith Machine Single leg lunge with 50 lbs on bar, 3 sets of 10 reps on each leg.
![]() |
| I used a flat bench, not a decline bench, but you get the idea |
2. Single Leg Glute Bridge on black side of Bosu- 3 sets of 10 reps on each leg.
![]() |
| The planted foot is in the center of the flat side of the bosu |
3. Leg Press, 8 sets adding weight and dropping reps, did a set with high foot position and wide foot position(heels only part of foot on plate)with each weight group.
90 lbs- 12 reps
140 lbs- 10 reps
180 lbs- 8 reps
230 lbs- 6 reps
4. Glute Shaper- 3 sets, 2 with 20 lbs,1 with 30. 10 reps on each leg, lift leg straight back then turn to side and do a lateral raise.
5. Lunges with 30 lb barbell on shoulders, 6 sets of 18 reps(9 on each leg). In between every 2 sets I did split lunges- 1 set of 10x3.
6. Leg Extension, 5 sets increasing weight and decreasing reps.
40 lbs- 12 reps
50 lbs- 10 reps
60 lbs- 8 reps
80 lbs- 6 reps
100 lbs- 4 reps
THEN, for the finisher I completed 4 rounds of "hurricane drills". Basically, these are short burts of high-intensity cardio interspersed with body-weight or free-weight exercises. This is a typical training method of MMA fighters, and I needed to bring the intensity getting ready for the Warrior Dash on Sunday...here is what I did:
Complete 4 rounds.
.25 mile run on the treadmill at 15.0 incline and 4.5 speed (I know this is a little slow, but trust me- it's hard!)
Hop off the treadmill and onto the blue side of the bosu with some 12 lb weights. Deadlift, bicep curl, overhead press balanced on the Bosu for 10 reps. Then, hop back on the treadmill, (if you're like me you have to decrease the speed before you hop off) increase the speed and keep going :)
This method burns 300 calories just on the treadmill in under 20 minutes-pretty powerful training method!
I started this blog right after my workout, and finished it the following day. I am here to report that this workout was SUPER EFFECTIVE! I can hardly walk/move today...what a great feeling. Just wanna put this plug in there too- make SURE to stretch often! I am gonna go foam roll now and take it easy at the gym today. Happy March Madness y'all. Peace out :)
![]() |
| Split Lunges |
6. Leg Extension, 5 sets increasing weight and decreasing reps.
40 lbs- 12 reps
50 lbs- 10 reps
60 lbs- 8 reps
80 lbs- 6 reps
100 lbs- 4 reps
THEN, for the finisher I completed 4 rounds of "hurricane drills". Basically, these are short burts of high-intensity cardio interspersed with body-weight or free-weight exercises. This is a typical training method of MMA fighters, and I needed to bring the intensity getting ready for the Warrior Dash on Sunday...here is what I did:
Complete 4 rounds.
.25 mile run on the treadmill at 15.0 incline and 4.5 speed (I know this is a little slow, but trust me- it's hard!)
Hop off the treadmill and onto the blue side of the bosu with some 12 lb weights. Deadlift, bicep curl, overhead press balanced on the Bosu for 10 reps. Then, hop back on the treadmill, (if you're like me you have to decrease the speed before you hop off) increase the speed and keep going :)
This method burns 300 calories just on the treadmill in under 20 minutes-pretty powerful training method!
I started this blog right after my workout, and finished it the following day. I am here to report that this workout was SUPER EFFECTIVE! I can hardly walk/move today...what a great feeling. Just wanna put this plug in there too- make SURE to stretch often! I am gonna go foam roll now and take it easy at the gym today. Happy March Madness y'all. Peace out :)



Way to go Sarah! This makes me realise that when I get towards the end of my weight loss, I will need to invest in a trainer to really learn how to tone up and stay in shape! In the meantime I am going to have to get one of my trainer buddies at my gym to show me some of those leg drills because I don't think I am really very effective when it comes to legs.
ReplyDelete