Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Playground Workout...What We Actually Did

Well, sometimes things do not go as planned and a good trainer knows how to adapt...right?!  :)  I planned some exercises that were way over both of our skill levels. (I thought monkey bars were like riding a bike, you never forget- apparently they aren't!!)  Here is the original work-out with modifications added.  Don't get me wrong, we  both got a great work-out, so I would call this a success!

Do a total of 3 4 circuits.  Bear crawl or crabwalk Jog briskly from station to station.  Do not rest between sets Catch your breath so you don't die between sets, you can rest for 3 minutes between each circuit.

1) Bench Dip, reps 15
2) Standing Jungle Gym Push-Up, reps 15
3) Monkey Up, reps 10
4) Jungle Gym Pullup, reps 15
5) Monkey Bars, reps 1 (across and back)
6) Wall Climb, reps 5 (both walls) I climbed over both walls twice.  Jeramy pulled something the first time he tried to jump over the first one.  The wall climb was out after that :)

Cardio: 1/2 Mile Walk to cool down :)

2 comments:

  1. I jumped over twice, pulling my lower ab muscles on the second, slightly faster, jump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Jerm, I couldn't remember...I was getting a little light headed by that point after trying to do a chin-up ;)

    ReplyDelete