Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tricep and Bicep Workout

So, I have been helping a friend become familiar with the gym as well as integrating some exercise and good nutrition into his lifestyle.  It has become fun for me to research different weight training techniques and how to split body parts into different days as well as exercises for certain body parts.  Here is the sample workout I designed as well as links to the websites I used and all of the documents I have created for us to use. 


We are only doing upper body since I do legs with Francis.  For the next month the weight training schedule will be as follows:
Sunday: rest or light cardio outside
Monday: legs- with Francis + cardio
Tuesday: triceps, biceps, + cardio
Wednesday: legs- with Francis+ cardio
Thursday: shoulders, abs + cardio (this day could be done on a different day without cardio if you don't have much time)
Friday: back, chest, + cardio
Saturday: rest, outdoor run, or make up day


My plan is to change things up each month so our bodies don't get used to the same routines as well as experiment with doing drop super-sets or tri-sets
http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/a/supersets.htm


I figured we could do mostly free weights and plyometrics (plyometrics (also known as "plyos") is a type of exercise training designed to produce fast, powerful movements, and improve the functions of the nervous system, generally for the purpose of improving performance in sports). That way we could work out at the same time and didn't have to wait to share a machine AND it is really easy to adjust weights. This workout could even be done at the park if we had some 12-15 lb weights.
Without Further ado here is our.......


Workout of the Day for Triceps and Biceps:
Warm-up:5 mins bike

We will superset each exercise which means we will do a bicep and a tricep exercise back to back with no rest in between.
Bicep Exercises:
1) Standing barbell curls ( 3 sets, 10-12 reps)
2) Seated dumbell curl ( 3 sets, 10-12 reps)
3) Alternating Hammer Biceps Curl ( 3 sets, 20 reps total- 10 on each arm)

Tricep Exercises:
1) Flat bench tricep dip( 3 sets, 15 reps)
2) Lying overhead tricep extension (3 sets, 10 reps)

3) Single- Arm Seated Overhead Triceps Extensions ( 3 sets, 20 reps total- 10 on each arm)
Cardio: 30 minutes, we did 15 on Stepmill and 15 on bike


Links I used:http://weight-training.realsolutionsmag.com/arm-training.html all exercises are on this link except for the alternating hammer bicep curl
(
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/alternate-hammer-curl). Bodybuilding.com has a great database of exercises with videos and examples.

I also created this document
http://www.stixy.com/guest/112459 that I printed and put in a binder with description of each exercise from the websites !  This way we can have a log of what we did as well as a point of reference.  THIS IS FUUUNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If you want to follow our daily workouts, check back Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays :)

Peach Out as my mom would say ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about that. I was trying to end my comment with your ending, "Peace Out!" I guess "Peach Out" isn't quite the same! lol Leave it to your mom, huh!! You have so many talents, Sarah, and I'm so happy you are discovering them. I'm getting teary-eyed. Love you.

    ReplyDelete